The 50th wedding anniversary is a golden milestone and a life time celebration of love, happiness and life, not only is a tremendous achievement to last 50 years in marriage by a huge testament for the unconditional love between the couple. 50th wedding invitation etiquette is formal and known to be elegant and classy.
The wordings have to also be formal and clearly state who is hosting, when, where and who is it for. Some children feel they need to add two to four sentences about their prance’s life and love for the last 50 years or even use funny or memorable quotes for their prance.
If that’s what host of the party feel is appropriate by all means go for it. But a world of advice double check with the couple if it is ok with them.
50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Wording Example 1
Wedding Anniversary celebration in honor of
Johan and Audrey Smith
Saturday 15th September 20**
At Woodbridge Hotel
2891 Manassas Road, Springville New jersey
Hosted by their children
Troy, Samantha & Andrew Smith
KINDLY RESPOND BY August 25th , 20XX
123.456.7890 | [email protected]
50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Wording Example 2
The 50th wedding anniversary of
Margaret and Walter Anderson
Saturday, September 15th 2012 at 5PM
Celebration Country Club,
321 Ocean Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL
Hosted by Katherine and Matthew Anderson
Kindly RSVP to Katherine
by September 1st 61400275418
50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Wording Example 3
50th Wedding Anniversary
Of Andrew and Margaret McDermott
their children and grandchildren
Request the pleasure of your company on
Saturday, December 16, 20xx
at 7:00 p.m. in the evening
The Parchment Club
2345 Main Street
Oyster Bay, New York
50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Wording Example 4
of John and Joy Edwards
50th Wedding Anniversary.
Saturday, October 20th , 20** at 6:00 PM.
At Tankaville Hotel
5874 King Road Woodbridge, Ohio
Dinner and Dancing to follow.
Hosted by their grandchildren.
Jack, Mathew, Hannah, Sarah & Erin
RSVP requested by
October 10th 20**
Hannah Edwards 614 852 374
50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Wording Example 5
Thomas and Jane Andersons
By your friendship and love
It is our pleasure to invite
You in the celebration of the
50th Wedding Anniversary of our parents
Sunday 10th February Madason Hotel
8911 Nicholson Road
Hosted by Mathew,
Catherine and Troy Anderson
Search more 50th wedding anniversary invitation wording ideas
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where to find inexpensive 50th wedding invites?
2. When is the best time to send out 50th wedding anniversary invitations?
The earlier the better. I would say give your guests 2 to 3 months’ notice, as some guest might come from out of town or even overseas since it is a lifetime celebration and many of the couples friends might be scattered all over the world. Giving them enough notice will give them enough time to organise flights, hotels and so on.
3. How to politely decline 50th wedding anniversary invitations?
Only you know the real reason why you don’t want to go or perhaps you are unable to attend, however, if I were you and the 50th anniversary party was for close family member such as my grand prance or my in-laws I would do my best to attend no matter how badly I don’t want to be there.
But if your reason is that I don’t feel I am close to the couple or it is your friend’s grand prance50th wedding anniversary and you feel as you are an outsider, whatever the reason might be, be sure to decline by the RSVP card, if you feel it is someone close that you have to give explanation then please tell them why.
Here are some polite ways to decline an invitation, along with the apology it is ideal to send a gift:-
· I know it is a very special day for you and I am sorry to inform you I won’t be there celebrating this golden milestone with you due to prior engagements. Best wishes
· I am sorry I won’t be able to celebrate this golden milestone with you best wishes.
· I am sorry I can’t be there to celebrate this wonderful occasion with you as I am out of town.
· I would love to celebrate this golden milestone with you, but unfortunately I have prior commitment s and can’t make it. Wishing you all the best.
4. Is it appropriate to print out registration details or gift ideas on the 50th wedding anniversary card?
No it is not, traditionally you don’t print out gift registration details on the wedding invitation cards or anniversary cards. Because wedding invitation cards are considered to be formal and should not be printed out other than poems, quotes, location, date, host and who is it for.
Traditionally gifts are given at the bridal shower where you can print out registration details on bridal shower invites. For this occasion which is a 50th wedding anniversary where there won’t be bridal shower, if guests want to bring gift then that is their option to do so out of the kindness of their heart. Otherwise, do not solicit gifts because in my opinion it is tacky and viewed as begging.
5. I don’t know what to get for my grand prance 50th wedding anniversary any gift ideas will be appreciated?
See if there is something special they would like or you could get a personalized gift for example:-
· 50th golden personalized frame
· Personalized photo wall clock
· Personalized mugs
· Personalized photo of the family on gift plates
· 50th anniversary fan bell
· 50th anniversary photo frame with words